Personal Injury Topics
Boating Accident Claims
you or a loved one recently injured in a boating accident? Regardless of if the accident happened on a recreational boat, commercial vessel, jet ski, or other water vessel, it may be in your best interest to talk to a Portland personal injury attorney. The attorneys at Dawson Law Group understand the various legal issues surrounding boat accident claims in Portland, and can help give you the guidance and advice you need to successfully win reimbursement for your medical damages and other losses. If you would like to talk to a boating accident lawyer in Portland, give Dawson Law Group a call today for a free and confidential phone consultation.
We take our cases on a contingent basis, meaning that our lawyers’ fees are taken out of your judgement or settlement. This means until we help you win your claim, you will not owe a single dollar in attorney fees. (Learn more about Contingent Fees for a boating accident lawyer in Portland
How Can a Lawyer Help?
A boating accident lawyer in Portland will help you to file, pursue, and litigate your personal injury claim. Retaining an attorney takes much of the stress and uncertainty out of the situation; while you focus on recovering from your injuries, your boating accident lawyer in Portland can handle everything else for you, from determining the amount of compensation you should file for, determining the party or parties that should be held liable for your injuries, and helping to choose the jurisdiction that will favor your claim the most. A boating accident lawyer in Portland will launch an investigation into your accident that seeks to uncover information and build the strongest personal injury claim possible.
Boating Accident Compensation
If your personal injury claim is successful, you will be entitled to compensation for the following damages.
- Medical Expenses: Injuries sustained in boating accidents often require extensive medical treatment. Compensation may cover past and future medical bills, rehab, transportation to medical treatment, medical equipment (walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.) and other expenses.
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity: Boating accident injuries often cause victims to miss work. You may be able to collect compensation to recover the amount you would have made had you not been injured. In severe cases, boating accidents can leave victims permanently unable to work, or to be limited in their ability to work as a result of their injuries. In many cases such as these, a boating accident lawyer in Portland will help you pursue compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Money will not help you and your family death with the mental and emotional anguish surrounding the accident, but it can pay for therapy and ease financial worries, which can go a long way in the recovery process.
Portland Negligence Claims
Most of the personal injury claims that a boating accident lawyer in Portland will file are brought under the theory of negligence. For your claim to be successful, your Portland personal injury attorney will have to prove:
1. Another party owed you some duty of care
2. The duty of care was breached (whether by action or omission)
3. An injury was sustained
4. The breach was the direct cause of your injury.
are some common breaches of duty that have led to boating accidents in Portland:
- Boating in inclement weather or hazardous waters
- Inexperienced or untrained operators
- Boating with insufficient or non-existent navigation lights
- Overcrowding/overloading the boat
- Failing to pay attention to surroundings (includes swimmers and other boaters)
- Operating a boat while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Defective machinery or equipment
- Failing to carry proper safety equipment
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a boating accident, we would urge you to call Dawson Law Group today at 503-919-1315
for a free case evaluation. A boating accident lawyer in Portland would be glad to get to know you, listen to your side of the story, evaluate your claim, help you understand your legal options, and answer any further questions you might have. Get answers today- let Dawson Law Group fight for you!