West Linn Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorneys Serving Clients in West Linn
Here in Oregon, we have some of the highest percentages of bicycle commuters anywhere in the nation. Long recognized as a cycle-friendly state, Oregon has made incredible efforts to keep cycling safely in and around our cities and suburbs. And yet, as bicycling becomes more of a trend, cycling has become even more dangerous in recent years.
This is especially true when a careless driver meets a vulnerable bicyclist. At the Dawson Law Group, we are avid cyclists ourselves and understand firsthand the dangers that cyclists face each day when navigating our city. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident due to another’s carelessness, our skilled West Linn bicycle accident lawyer is a relentless advocate, ensuring that you get the compensation you deserve after a bicycle accident.
The Vulnerability of the Bicyclist
Regardless of our bicycle lanes and bicycle-friendly streets, anytime a cyclist shares the road with larger, heavier passenger vehicles, the bicyclist is always the vulnerable one in an accident. Bicycles rely on balance and momentum to stay moving. And with their smaller stature, a bicyclist can easily be missed by careless drivers. Even a minor accident can cause catastrophic injuries to a bicyclist with little protection, including,
- Head trauma and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue damage
- Cuts, abrasions, and road rash
- Serious fractures
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
If you have sustained injuries in a bicycle accident, it is critical that you get the assistance of an experienced West Linn bicycle accident attorney. At the Dawson Law Group, we have dedicated our careers to accident victims and their families and holding negligent parties accountable for the harm they cause.
Why Have Cycling Accidents Increased?
Despite more bicycle education and advocacy and state and local governments implementing more safety measures for cyclists, injuries and fatalities continue to increase. Collisions involving cars are the most common causes of bicycle accidents and injuries today.
Experts suggest that the increase in these accidents is due to a few main reasons:
- Bicycling has experienced new popularity and bike-sharing programs have popped up across the country.
- There are increasingly more drivers on the road
- There is a continuing shift to larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs
- Driver distraction continues to be on the rise
Crashes between a car and a cyclist are never good for the cyclist. Most of these are caused by the negligence and carelessness of the motorist, including:
- Distracted drivers
- Speeding drivers
- Drivers who fail to yield to the cyclist
- Drivers who are driving aggressively, tailgating, and improperly passing
- Drivers who are alcohol or drug-impaired
Although it is important for bicyclists in West Linn to cycle defensively on our streets, no matter how careful you cycle, you can never be entirely safe from a motorist’s negligence. If you have been injured, let us help.
What Compensation Can You Recover For a Bicycle Accident in West Linn?
If you have sustained a bicycle accident injury, you should get the advice and guidance of an experienced West Linn bicycle accident lawyer to understand your rights and options after an accident. At the Dawson Law Group, we are the legal advocates you can trust to get you the compensation you deserve if you have been injured in a serious West Linn bicycle accident.
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages, including:
- Medical expenses, hospital bills, doctor’s visits, prescription medications, and other medical costs associated with your injuries
- Any potential future medical costs as they apply to your injuries
- Lost wages if you have unable to work
- Lost earning capacity if you are unable to return to your career
- Property damages and the cost to repair your bicycle
- Noneconomic damages, including pain and suffering and mental anguish
Obtain Help From A West Linn Bicycle Accident Lawyer
When you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you deserve an advocate in your corner, diligently representing your rights to compensation for your injuries. We can help. Get the skilled legal advice of the West Linn bicycle accident lawyers at the Dawson Law Group. Contact us or call us at (503) 919-1315 or contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.